Thursday, May 31, 2012

Indonesian parade

 Well life has been hurry up and wait lately. Thankfully yesterday we started getting patients though! I was so excited to see all the interpreters come on and then the patients. Made it finally feel real and that I was a part of something meaningful. I don't feel like I'm doing a whole lot but a patient I had yesterday made me feel like my small contribution of an assessment was needed as we prepared him to have cataract surgery seeing he could not afford it in his country. This scripture also brought me comfort D&C 64:32 but all things must come to pass in their time, wherefore be not weary in well doing for ye are laying a foundation for a great work. And out of small things proceedth that which is great. I guess I really just want to get started and really involved but still feel limited by all the waiting and my skill level but I know I need to be patient because it will come and fall into place as I gain more experience. As for today I do get to go ashore and be in a parade as part of the opening ceremonies! So I get to go to Indonesian soil! :)
on the helodeck

enjoying some indonesian food

\
Pretty much what we did all day in Indonesia was pose for pictures

On the shore with Pat and Diana. USNS Mercy in the background

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool you're in Indonesia. You are quite the world traveler lately. Hope you're having a wonderful experience!!

    ReplyDelete