Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Which state does it hurt in now? VA to Ma to NY!

Efy life has taken over and what seems to have been a couple weeks feels like the months have passed since I last update on the happenings of the invincible health counselors. At least it feels that way and we are livin' on a prayer daily to stay awake on the little amounts of sleep we have gotten over the past six weeks. We are on our way to palmyra new York for our last week of the summer! We have been in seven different states lately ad we just finished a week in Amherst, massachusetts.
Audrey, Sean, Ariel, and Melanee

Besties

SO it rained really hard one day and Kristen fell and then rolled in the mud a bit (was a hard day) I laughed so hard at here, so to make her feel better I asked her if she wanted to give me a hug, knowing full well that I would get a bit muddy too. Not a good combination with a white shirt. Thankfully I didn't get hosed down by the Searles like she did!

Emma helping SVU's new knight in shining armor.

Our last couple of weeks were a bit dull as all the youth did such a good job with the water competition we have weekly. so needless to say we were ready for a little more excitement in umass. Little did we know what we were in for! We had boys vomiting everywhere, broken arms and toes, missing medicine(not the only thing that got lost and never returned either), platelet problems aka lots of blood, dental problems, and lots of interesting emotional issues to deal with. Of course that was only half of what went on that very challenging week! I believe it was the refiners fire (Malachi 3:3)that we had to go through to get to palmyra I hope. There were a lot of miracles that have happened over the past weeks as the youth have realized the love heavenly father has for them and their potential to become as they follow the path that Christ has paved for and is wanting to walk with them. I don't get too many little moments with the youth but I have three that have been such a blessing to me and honor that the Lord would allow me to be a part of.
Flower Fairies!
He loves me, he loves me not...NO he loves me, he loves me, he loves me!!!

I got some dreams in an XXL polo!

The master chef at work

I love you, I love you, I love you!

The new HCs


Secret Service with Kristen and Jason


Kirk and I with some of our boys from Rise with us!


 The first one was when I was on one morning taking care of a couple of participants, there was one youth that I thought maybe I should wait for Karl to come help me with, but after a debating in my head on what I should do I felt like I should go see him. After I was done taking care of him a girl came up to me saying she felt nauseous. After talkig to her for a while I discovered she had an eating disorder she was struggling with. I talked with her for a while about it and how she was handling it. I then talked to her about being a mentor and helping someone else cope with their trials and how in turn that might help her. I then share a scripture that has helped me in the past from D&C 121:45 which reads 45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven." I talked about how relying upon Christ and changing our thought processes to a different track can help give us the confidence we need in this life. Later that day was when the excitement for me came as we listened to the session director give a lesson on that very scripture! It was everything she needed to hear and talk about. It was uch a trstobybro me of how the Lord is in our lives an knows rag of us individually. His plan us eternal as He puts all the pieces together for us. I am glad I decided to go see that one youth, which I now recognize was the spirit telling me to do so. I am grateful I thought to share that scripture and that the session directors felt inspired to focus on it that day. Tender mercies all around.
My favorite picture of us.

Me and my gang!


Beatles crossing in UMASS


What week six can do to ya

Crickey!

Our fearless leader- Christian

FSOY standards Dax Man to the rescue

Laura and I on the creepy 11th floor.





Flower fairies unite forces again


This was just Jason's side job he is actually a model


Me and my little brothers, well maybe not in stature. These boys are going to be the best missionaries!

Kate, Rachel and me matchy, matchy!


Palmyra here we come. Our last roadtrip together in Shirley.


Karl's dumbfounding, butt slapping deja vu!


Gotta love that face!


We of course brought all the essentials with us to Palmyra. Gatorade anyone?

Unfortunately I can't remember the other experiences because I started updating this a while ago. I am in palmyra right now well actually the hospital with a participant. New York is beautiful and here is such a sacred spirit and feeling here.


In front of the Palmyra temple. Can you tell how tired I look?


Sara and I trying to stay awake for the Whitmire farm tour.


The sacred Grove




Two heavenly beings and some besties in the back!



Karl, Kristen, Whit, Dax!


How many times have you locked the temple gate? 
ONCE!


Roomies!


Walking to the grove early in the morning.


In the sacred grove. A sacred place where Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to Joseph Smith





With my southeasties! Ashley and Liz


Surprise its your birthday seven weeks later Karl! Since we didn't get to celebrate it the first time together! We will next year, since we will be celebrating our friendiversary, someone's 23rd birthday, and 16 years for me as a member of the church.


What happens when I am defenseless late at night.


HCs really doing their job. Combining physical and spiritual health! ;) Teach, text, testify from the taking it home lesson. He didn't have anything to write except his bandage we had put on him.


Sweet boys and sweet smelling flowers.


The HC squad. Our trusty car Shirely, as I liked to call her.


Road trippers and besties for life!


Finally a picture with Jason, Jason,Jason, ohhhhh!

I was in the sacred grove a lot yesterday, such a peaceful place. I felt unworthy at first to enter into a place where God the father and Jesus Christ had been. My mom reminded me that everyone is welcome and all that have ever asked a question of God before are worthy to enter. I was particularly reminded of this when I had the opportunity to sing a song for a devotional there last night. The song is entitled "He knows me better" it testifies of how he knows each of us and what we are going through. Just as He knew Joseph smith's name as he entered the grove to ask of God which church he should join. I am so thankful to now know of this Place in new York and that it has and always exist as a testimony of the sacred events that happened here in restoring the gospel to the earth. These youth have been amazing this summer as they have taunt me truths, conquered their fear with faith, and triumph daily through trying circumstances at home or school. They are valiant and are testimonies to me of the power of the atonement in helping people change their lives for the better. So grateful I get to be here and learn with them! I love my job and all the people I work with. Going to miss it so much after this week. Trying not to be too sad about it being over but joyful that it happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment