Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Life Changing Year - 2012 in review

Last year had a lot of changes in it. Most of them were exciting but a lot of them required a shift into new gears that were not always easy to transition in to. From being done with school, to two very different nursing jobs, to meeting and making lots of new friends, new people in the family, trials, and blessings!

I learned that as hard as it was to get in to the nursing program at BYU it was just as hard to get out and finally get my two new favorite letters after my name: RN

I learned that friends really can help you through the hard times. I feel blessed to have so many friends here in Utah while I'm far away from family. They comfort me, make me laugh, and provide some of the best adventures!
Hollie King and I in Star Valley, WY. Changed my life by being a wonderful friend and taking me snowmobiling!



Hollie and Jason, these two people have blessed my life in so many ways. They are always there to listen to me and give the best advice. They are two of the best examples of living the gospel everyday of their lives. 

The Rowley sisters continue to bless my life with fun adventures and continued friendship!


Katherine always keeping me on my toes and a good friend since freshman year!

Melanie is an inspiration to live life in the style I want to! She is one of the classiest people I know.

Efy, enough said! Even though I was not a counselor this year the things I learned from it and the people continue to give me joy in my life.

My health co Karl, so glad we didn't kill each other that summer and remain close friends.

BDA #14 reunited, love these girls and how they make me laugh.

Darcy has been one of my best friends for several years. She amazed me this year by her continued optimism and fun personality despite her most difficult trial of having ACL surgery.

So many friends to celebrate my 24th.

USNS Mercy completely changed my life! It taught me about patience, obedience, service, missionary work, friendships, perseverance, hard work, discipline, gratitude and the list goes on!

The casrec crew that helped me survive the ocean waters

Britters and Krystal would not have survived without them
After being stuck on a ship for 5 weeks Britters and I went a little crazy as you can tell! We set out for the great outdoors of Seattle and Victoria. It helped me appreciate and put me in awe of God's creations. 
I visited Darcy in Seattle too and was able to see the beautiful place she grew up!


Sebastian Ritz William King born during the Olympics! Even though I have not even met this cute kid yet he helped bring our family together before he was even born. He had us all guessing whether Sarah was having a girl or a boy and what their name would be, sending emails back and forth everyday. I am thankful for this kiddo and can't wait to meet him. 



Lake Powel and the patience of Brother Rowley changed my life as I was able to get up on a wake board for the first time!

Roomies reunited!

Beach babes

Had to say farewell to my dear friend Hollie. Her testimony and firmness of faith continues to inspire me though as she serves in Brazil!


Reunited in St.Gizzle with ship mates! Wouldn't have survived without these girls either!


So glad to see these friends randomly at the top of Angel's landing


Emily and Krystal cannot say enough good things about these two girls! So glad we've become best friends this past year. They keep my spirits high, we share the same passion of medicine, and are always up for an adventure!

Love living at foxwood with these ladies! Have changed my life for the good living with them. It's always a party in our apt!

Renting a puppy? Yes, knowing I can have a cuddle anytime from a cute puppy was a happy fact for me to learn about!

Fun times with roomies!

Skiing was a new experience for me this past year and I've had a blast learning. Definitely a new hobby!

Merry Christmas and smooches!






Mexico never fails to make me happy!

My two new roomies and friends. Love these girls and their up beat attitude. So grateful for their example of loving others fully and for their strong testimonies!

Finally snow this year, I love it!


Polar express, got me in the Christmas spirit.

Rents in our apt

Celebrating Christmas in Utah was a new and fantastic experience there is so much to do here!


Google hangout changed my life and now my whole family can be "together"
Angel Joshua also changed my life this year as he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. His patience, understanding, and willingness to learn about his new life style astound me. (as well as my sister and brother-in-law for all their new found medical knowledge, very impressed!)












Here's to another new year full of adventure, friendships, learning, and love!
Happy New Year- 2013 here we come!

P.S. So far this year has been a lot of bad luck, but I'm hoping it will get better!



2 comments: